I am an MSc Games Engineering graduate from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK.
I’m currently studying for a PhD in Computer Science/Game Technology with Dr. Graham Morgan and the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Cloud Computing for Big Data at Newcastle University.
My area of research focusses on distributed real-time physics simulations using cloud computing.
Some of my interests include:
- Low-level programming languages (C/C++, Rust)
- Graphics programming (experienced in OpenGL)
- Cross-platform development (including Windows, macOS, Linux and other unusual platforms)
- ‘Homebrew’ software for games consoles (e.g. Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo Switch)
- DIY/hobbyist electronics projects (e.g. OSSC)
- Contributing to open-source projects
- The Demoscene
- Enjoying and restoring vintage computers (e.g. Commodore Amiga)